Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Search for art




This past Sunday after a long morning indoors and the antsy feeling that Isa and I needed to get out I decided to walk to the water. I have been doing a lot of pro-active searching for balance in my life. Many of the books suggest grounding through walking and connecting to earth. I thought it would be best for both of us to walk to the river and feel like we were away from the stiffness of the city. As soon as we were outside I decided that maybe we should just head to Brooklyn instead. The day before I wanted to go to the Dumbo art Festival, but at the end of the day I was exhausted and Isa was asleep so it was more trouble than it was worth. I decided why not go this morning. It gave us a goal at least. With Isa on my back (that's right still using that lovely Ergo) we headed off on our adventure...to search for art. The walk was much quicker than I thought, and many more people were up walking the bridge early Sunday morning. Dumbo is directly under the Brooklyn Bridge and I must say much nicer than the last time I was there. They have amazing playgrounds and walking paths for Isa. 

We did not see much art but enjoyed it anyway.